Sunday, October 20, 2013

Random 30 2013: Atrasolis - Departure

We’re now well into the final quarter of 2013 so I thought it might be timely to start counting down – at irregular intervals – some of the best music I’ve heard through the calendar year. I’ll do an album countdown sometime around Christmas, but to begin with I’ll deal with individual tracks, whether they’re album tracks or diamonds gleaned from the wider playlists that have sustained my listening pleasure in 2013. I’ll probably come up with 30 or so across the next few months.

Starting with Atrasolis – ‘Departure’

I’m not sure how old this little banger is, and it’s probably not in any way representative of the genres I’ve engaged with most in 2013, but it’s certainly a track that helped kick-start my morning commute for a few short weeks back at the start of the year. I think I picked up a high bit-rate copy on Soundcloud more or less by accident but it’s gone on to become one of my most played tracks of the year.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment