Monday, April 18, 2016

Diversity And Collaboration

I mentioned a little while back that I was lucky enough to collaborate on the cover feature for the February/March 2016 issue of NZ Musician. My interview with up-and-coming young Auckland-based hip hop/jazz/pop/jam outfit Yoko-Zuna took place during the height of the festive season, and although I was pretty satisfied with the final result, it was a far from straightforward process involving a couple of revised versions of the feature. It all felt a little messy from my perspective, but ultimately we got there in the end. Since then I’ve been afforded an advance listen of the band’s next release – an EP – which sounds every bit as good as last year’s impressive debut album. I can’t wait for that one to be released, and firmly believe Yoko-Zuna have a very big future. Click here to read the very appropriately titled Diversity and Collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment