Saturday, December 19, 2020

Reaching Out to the Media

NZ Musician magazine asked a number of local bloggers and music sites to offer some thoughts about new music and publicity submissions in order to compile a definitive list of what to do and what not to do if you’re the person tasked with reaching out on the artist’s behalf. I’m on the receiving end of at least a couple of these each week, and to be perfectly honest, my main starting point with any of them is quite simple: does this music fit the profile of the blog? … which as you probably know, is mostly retro-centric with a large side of Kiwi. When reading back the views I offered NZ Musician - in the link below - it’s fair to say I come across like a grumpy old man. Which is probably because that’s exactly what I am. But please, (ahem) do keep those submissions coming …

Reaching Out to the Media (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment